After a... really long time, the long promised new layout that will help reduce load times and global warming is almost done!
Improvements over the current thing
- A new, faster markdown parser. This fixes a really old bug where links would break when you ping a user inside (it happened really often on notifications) and also makes posts with a lot of comments load way faster.
- Post and comment previews are now rendered server-side, so the preview content will always match what everybody else will actually see.
- A bunch of performance improvements. The new layout loads post lists and comments 4x faster.
- Fixed a really old bug where some comments would disappear on big threads
- When creating a post, you won't lose the title anymore if you hit the 'Submit a X post' button.
- Reply and preview windows no longer overlap the original comment/text. Now you can reply while actually reading the comment <_<
- And a lot of other stuff that I've already forgotten since we've been working on this for like a year now
We need your help to find bugs and other oddities before we put this in production (we hope to do it on Phuks' first anniversary). At this moment it's only missing the multis feature and the "playlist mode" for subs.
HERE, GO TEST IT
If you find any bugs, don't forget to REPORT THEM HERE
And here I was led to believe there were -1 active developers on this site
Is it up and running for everyone else? I can see the main page fine, but whenever I try to enter the comments section I get a "we done phuked up" page. Is it just me? If so I'll file a bug.
It's working for me, but I just fixed a bug that would crash post pages if you weren't logged in
Yay, no more crashy. It did take me a while to figure out how to login on mobile. I ended up having to click on another user's name to get to a login screen. I didn't see any other option on the main page while not logged in.
Oh crap. I totally forgot about the login button on mobile <_<
Do I have to register a new username for the test site or can I use this one?
no, it uses the same db and login credentials as here
oops, i probably should have read the part about critical bugs being private. at any rate, i can't reply to comments which seemed pretty critical.
That's for security vulnerabilities and stuff like that. The bug should be fixed now.
yeah, i figured
The dev site is completely down for me. Getting a cloudflare page. The old site seems fine.
same, been like this for about a day
It should work now
This leveling shit is lame and racist against white people.